Thursday, June 07, 2007

A 20+yr dream realised - Manatee



That really is no exaggeration, for I don't know how long I have been consumed with the desire to actually see these things up close.

Where can we find them, I hear you ask.

Well, apparently they are fairly nearby to us here in Dubai (as well as Florida and Belize) though never figured out:
a) exactly where and
b) how we manage to find them.

Anyway, whilst browsing the Singapore Zoo map, the word just jumped out at me. "Chris! m-m-m-m......" (seriously, I couldn't get the words out).

Ended up just pointing at the map. He understood. BUT it gets better...............



It turns out you can FEED manatees at Singapore Zoo - YES, FEED MANATEES ....... BY HAND.

I'm not ashamed to admit that the world went a little black and fuzzy round the edges for a min - closest I think I've ever come to fainting!!

So, we hotfoot our way to the relevant area and when we get there ...... I elbow 3 x under 7's out of the way and get told by security (well, the handler in charge) to step back and wait my turn.

Thrust camera at husband and tell him to just keep taking photos (good photos) - he knew the future of our marriage depended on it.

So now you have the background...... enjoy:








Have quite a few more but 'puter is playing up and have tried to put them on about 5 times so have given up for now.






More to follow - brace yourselves!!!!




















I DID TRY TO WARN YOU!


And then.........................................

......................................................

I cried..............

like a big ol' baby for about 20 mins

No comments: